Neither can survive without the other.
80/20. 80% of the results you want will come from your diet. The other 20% from your workout. But neither can survive without the other. It's important to follow both diet and the workout at the same time - because you can't build a mansion without the right materials.
The secret to the workout is in the 5/5 cadence. This means in every workout you do, you move in a 5 seconds up, 5 seconds down motion. This ensure constant maximum load on your muscles at all times. This will eliminate momentum that most weight lifters use to help them finish their sets. The reward of doing 5/5 cadence? You only do ONE set. That's right. One set. In that one set, you must hit 7 repititions, but if you can do more, do more. It's one set to failure. 10 minutes after each workout, you'll want to do more. Don't do more. Just stick to the same two exercises in each workout.
WORKOUT B: (Machine Option)
Workout (B) consists of two primary lifts + Kettlebell or T-Bar swings
I. Slight incline/decline bench press x 7 (5/5 count)
To prevent unnecessary shoulder strain, set the pins in the machine so that your knuckles are one fist width above your chest at the bottom of the movement
Take a one-second pause at the bottom of the movement without touching the weight stack
II. Leg press x 10 (5/5 count)
III. Kettlebell or T-bar swings (NOT OPTIONAL)
High-rep kettlebell: swing to at least 75 repetitions (53 pounds).
DO THIS. IT'S NOT OPTIONAL. You can lower the weight to about 35 pounds (I had to) but try to work your way up.The first 2 workouts it may be impossible to go to a full 75 swings without stopping but by the 3rd workout B, you should be swinging 75 reps. This is an exhausting workout but you'll feel great afterward.
Stand with your feet 6-12 inches outside of shoulder width on either side, each foot pointed outward about 30 degrees. If toes pointed straight ahead were 12:00 on a clock face, your foot would point at 10:00 or 11:00, and your right would point at 1:00 or 2:00
Keep your shoulder pulled back and down to avoid rounding your back
The lowering movement is a sitting-back-on-a-chair movement, not a squatting-down movement.
Do not let your shoulders go in front of your knees at any point
Imagine pinching a penny between your butt cheeks when you pop your hips forward. This should be a forceful pop, and it should be impossible to contract your butt any more.