Neither can survive without the other.
80/20. 80% of the results you want will come from your diet. The other 20% from your workout. But neither can survive without the other. It's important to follow both diet and the workout at the same time - because you can't build a mansion without the right materials.
The secret to the workout is in the 5/5 cadence. This means in every workout you do, you move in a 5 seconds up, 5 seconds down motion. This ensure constant maximum load on your muscles at all times. This will eliminate momentum that most weight lifters use to help them finish their sets. The reward of doing 5/5 cadence? You only do ONE set. That's right. One set. In that one set, you must hit 7 repititions, but if you can do more, do more. It's one set to failure. 10 minutes after each workout, you'll want to do more. Don't do more. Just stick to the same two exercises in each workout.
WORKOUT A: (Machine Option)
Workout (A) consists of two primary lifts + (optional) abdominal exercises from “six minute Abs”
I. Close-Grip Supinated (palms facing you) Pull Down x 7 reps (5/5 count)
II. Machine Shoulder Press x 7 reps (5/5 count)
III. Two Abdominal Exercises from “Six-Minute Abs”Movement #1: Thy Myotatic Crunch
1.Start with your arms stretched overhead as high as you can. Keep your arms next to your ears for the entirety of the exercise.
2. Lower your arms under control 4 seconds until your fingers touch the floor.
3. Pause at the bottom for 2 seconds.
4. Rise under control and pause in the upper fully contracted position for 2 seconds.
5. Repeat for a total of 10 repetitions.
Movement # 2: The Cat Vomit Exercise (Optional)
1. Get on all fours (arms and legs) and focus your gaze either directly under your head or slightly in front of you. Do not arch your back or strain your neck, as this will cause undue stress.
2. Forcefully exhale from your mouth until air is fully expelled.
3. Hold your breath and pull your belly button upward toward your spine as hard as you can, for a target of 8-12 seconds.
4. Inhale fully through the nose after the 8-12 second hold.